Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Baking in Oklahoma...

I have been home for about two weeks and am already tired of record breaking high temps! I have no idea how the rest of my fellow Oklahomans survived this incredibly hot, hot summer. I came home to many shrubs toasted by the heat even though my lovely neighbour Valerie watered them.

The trip across Canada now seems like a very long dream! Friends ask me what was my favorite Canadian Province? I must say picking one is hard to do because the adventure was crossing Canada. Though, I did like Newfoundland, because it is so remote, and getting there was it's own journey. Prince Edward Island had a lot of charm going for it. Though Manitoba and Sasketchewan reminded me of the same type of prairie landscape I am used to here in the heartland of America. And of course, Beautiful British Columbia is aptly named! So, I would have to answer that question with-- which was my least favorite? That would have to be Quebec.

Most likely I will not travel across Canada as I did this summer. I may go to a few provinces again just to explore them more thoroughly. I would like to go back to Manitoba and see Lake Winnipeg again. Revisit Moose Jaw Sasketchewan, and spend time at the hot springs there. I would enjoy spending a couple of weeks in Newfoundland and take the ferry across to Labrador too. Prince Edward Island certainly deserves more exploration!

Before I do any more traveling to those provinces, I have decided that I will have to visit the Northwest Territories in northern Canada. One can drive all the way to the Arctic Circle and experience daylight for twenty four hours of the day! Now THAT sounds like a road trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment