Friday, July 30, 2010

Au-revoir Portland...

Well, my last night here in Portland is here.  Mahesh, Sara and I went out for dinner at a local Italian restaurant called Jopa. It's less than a block away from my apartment. I make this entry with a heavy heart, I am never ready to say so long to my son. Now that I have spent the last seven weeks with him, it's going to be twice as hard not seeing him almost daily. I am looking forward to going to Vancouver and getting to spend time with my Canada family. Though, I am also anxious to get home to Oklahoma. Being away from the familiar does begin to wear on a person.
My time here at Glencullen has been very relaxing, I have been able to paint and also spend time discovering the myriad of fabulous eye absorbing locations. Portland is an easy city to navigate, the downtown area is not as frustrating as San-Francisco or Vancouver. Parking is usually readily available and there is no end of charming, eclectic shops to frequent.
I will miss my son the most, my heart aches every time I think of leaving him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment