Wednesday, July 7, 2010

July in Portland.

Sunny warm days are finally here in Portland.  Though, I have enjoyed the cooler weather, I was ready for hot summer days.  Judi and Mike my hosts have a pool and today I was able to swim and laze while looking up at towering cedars. The sky definitely looks a cooler hue of blue here in the northwest. 
My daughter Reina came to visit us over July 4th weekend. It was a whirlwind weekend, we went to the Oregon coast to scatter Murphy's ashes (Reina's beloved cat). A few years ago we had done the same type of ceremony for Snuffy our cocker spaniel. It was fitting that Snuffy and Murphy be together on the west coast, since they both grew up together. while Reina was here it rained and was mostly overcast. I think she was happy with that since in Oklahoma it had been hot. It was great fun to have Reina here, though her visit was all too short.
Tomorrow, I go in for another prolotherapy session. The pain in both my knees has returned, my research shows that it will take time before healing can take place. I am happy that I don't need to take any pain medication; at the same time I am a bit disappointed that my recovery is slow.
After Reina left, I returned to my painting and was able to finish two more paintings. One is a sunset and another one is of raindrops--wonder why that is on my mind so much! 
As I was laying by the pool this evening, I was looking up at the trees swaying in the gentle breeze, it felt as though the trees were sharing a good laugh with the wind. The leaves were glistening in the sunlight, moving gracefully back and forth and I came to the conclusion that all was well in my world!

No comments:

Post a Comment