Sunday, May 17, 2009

On the road again...

I have been away from my daily writing in the blog for about a month. I plan to stay connected this time. I think after coming back from India, I had quite an adjustment. I kept thinking of ways to go back! But, after a month or so, my life in Oklahoma took hold. Classes I taught came up on the calendar, reluctantly, I slipped back into the routine of my old life.

And, then came the summer road trip. Yes, I am driving to Washington D.C. I am going to meet my wonderful son there. This is our annual mother son trip. I rarely get the opportunity to spend one on one time with my only son. He is pretty cool!
So, tonight I am writing from Memphis... the land of Elvis Presely! I have been an Elvis fan since I was a teenager in London. Loved those gyrating hips! His mesmerizing voice, and those unique lips! I plan to see Graceland tomorrow. I didn't realize how close Memphis is to OKC. I made it here in about seven hours. Granted I was going faster than most of the cars on the hi-way. 

I do love to drive the open road. One of the many wonderful things about living in this country is one can travel anywhere in this country. Just get behind the wheel and off you go. While driving today I thought of the crazy way people drove in India. Cars all over the place the sheer number of people everywhere. We have an abundance of land in this country. I thought eastern Oklahoma was truly picturesque. Parts of western Arkansas reminded me of the Pacific northwest. The gently rolling hills and lush grasses and green, green trees made me very glad to be alive today. The wind was mild and the sky was clear. The wild flowers were in full bloom. It looked like there were dollops of red, yellow and purple on top of the green grass. The top was down in my convertible and the music was blaring. Thanks to a wonderful mix my lovely daughter prepared for me. I felt blessed and very happy.
I will write more tomorrow after my visit to the fabled Graceland!
Until then....
 

No comments:

Post a Comment