Wednesday, June 16, 2010

A day of leisure.

It was an overcast day, no rain though, so it was pleasant to walk around in the wooded area surrounding my wonderful rented home. I have already scouted out three locations for paintings. The weather looks like it will cooperate this weekend, I may be able to paint outdoors. I am looking forward to that.
After my early afternoon walk, the day was spent getting familiar with my new surroundings. I kept getting lost yesterday while driving around, so the first order of business was go to the AAA office and get a local map of Beaverton/Portland. I love maps, they are a security blanket; I can always find my way home!
I found a local Indian grocery store, there is nothing like the aroma of an Indian grocery store, so familiar and inviting.  I want to be able to prepare my son's favorite dish from his childhood, for that I needed Basmati rice (the best rice on the planet!) and I needed chick pea flour. With my new map in hand I ventured out feeling very capable of finding the store and more importantly getting to my son's home and back again without getting LOST!
I was able to find the store and get to Mahesh's home without any problems. The evening spent with him and Sara was very pleasant.  Sara had made an enchilada dinner, which was sumptuous. Conversation over dinner about Mahesh being an extra in an upcoming television show was exciting. My son the actor! 

No comments:

Post a Comment