Monday, June 21, 2010

Prolotherapy in Portland!

Today, I did go and see Dr. David to have a session of Prolotherapy.  This is not some new-age treatment, it's a treatment that has been practiced by MDs Homeopaths and Naturopaths for the past fifty years.  The only problem is that mainstream western doctors don't know about these remedies because they are taught to look at the human body through surgical or drug induced solutions only.  Prolotherapy is where the doctor injects dextrose into the knee joint to stimulate the healing process.  Since dextrose is an irritant it stimulates the body's response to start healing the irritated area, thus causing for the ligaments to become stronger.  This is in laymen's terms.  If, you need more information on this process Google prolotherapy and read more.
All those years of running and walking countless miles on hard pavement didn't do my knee joints any favours, so finally now I am getting some relief without cutting out part of my knee as my surgeon suggested!
With the one injection I received today, my right knee is already feeling better than my left knee.  I am looking forward to be able to walk, hike and dance pain-free!
My wonderful son Mahesh, spent the day with me.  Held my hand while I was being injected; I am a very grateful mother. 

No comments:

Post a Comment