Thursday, June 17, 2010

Visualizing my paintings.

Today the day was spent in writing and visualizing the paintings I plan to create.  The writing was done for my e-newsletter I send out monthly. The visualizing is a process I go through before I put brush and paint to the canvas. I walked around yesterday, taking in the atmosphere of the Northwest.  It's so different than living in Oklahoma. I came from 90 degree weather to a high of 57 degrees today; quite a chilly difference!
I think my paintings are going to have a very organic feeling to them here.  In the past I have painted Goddesses, or Oklahoma landscapes.  Here I feel they will have a softer look to them.  It will be interesting to see what I produce.  Except for the three paintings I painted for my sister's office last summer, I have not painted at all in the last four years.  Time was when I could not go a day without painting or creating something.  I am truly looking forward to painting this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment