Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Glencullen, Oregon.

I arrived in Portland yesterday evening after a long eleven hour drive-- too grueling! The drive through the Columbia River Gorge is spectacular, though after a while I was tired of the winding road and the amount of effort it took to stay focused on driving and not being awestruck by the sheer beauty of this region.  I was able to drive the entire day with the top down, the weather was perfect; cool with a clear blue sky with a few fluffy white clouds dotting the sky every so often.
At the end of the day, I was glad to be at my destination and anxious to see Glencullen my home for the next few weeks. I was not disappointed, Glencullen is an oasis hidden in the heart of a busy city. I am surrounded by acres of perfectly manicured landscaping, with a babbling brook, gazebo and a charming wooden bridge across the brook. Meandering paths leading to a host of contemplative locations; along with towering trees, and foliage picked by my hosts Judi and Mike to enhance the already stunning location.
By the time I arrived yesterday it was too late to visit my son and daughter in law. That was the first order of business today. I woke up eagerly to find the easiest way to get to my son's home and I was off. Getting to spend the day with Mahesh and Sara was the high point of my day. We spent the entire day catching up with each other, there will be many more days such as these, I am happy to say. We have already made plans for dinner tomorrow night as well as for Saturday night.  How wonderful it is to be able to see my son everyday.  I am very fortunate indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment