Saturday, June 12, 2010

Goodland KS.

So, the first day of the epic summer of painting has begun.  I left OKC at 2p.m. no use in trying to leave any earlier, it's just not in my genes! The car is packed so full, I don't think there is room for one more item. It was great to be behind the wheel of my awesome car, cruising at 100 mph; weaving in and out of lanes listening to some of my favorite songs on a CD prepared for me by my daughter and son in law. 
Driving north through Kansas is not the most exciting route; the landscape is flat and the road stretches out in front for endless miles.  The fields had been plowed, I am assuming ready for the next crop.  I am always amused by the roadside billboards.  Some of the ones I encountered today were; "Christ is THE Lord", another was "Abortion is killing what God created", another was "If you died today where will you spend eternity?" My family and friends who don't live in the Bible belt don't understand billboards like these. Religion is a personal matter, not a subject for a billboard and certainly not a place that admonishes people. My answer for the last question would be "I will be spending eternity with all the souls being reincarnated over and over again."
It's much cooler here in Goodland, I hear thunder outside, I am glad to be off the road and in a comfortable hotel room for the evening.  Tomorrow will be a long day, I hope to get an early start (for me early is being on the road by 10a.m.!) This trip north is going to have to be a quick journey.  I am anxious to get to Portland, see my son and daughter in law and begin my painting sojourn!  I will write more tomorrow from where ever I end up.

No comments:

Post a Comment