Sunday, June 20, 2010

One pastel done, at least 29 more to go!

Yesterday, the clouds parted allowing us to see the sun.  So, I ran out to my idyllic park-like backyard; pastels in hand and started expressing myself creatively. It has been years since I have worked in pastels, I had forgotten how much I enjoyed them.  To begin with my hands felt a little unsure, but as I let go of expectations and began to enjoy the process; the leaves of the rhododendron plant started to take form, pretty soon I didn't notice the passing of time and found myself totally immersed in my composition.
I am happy to say, I was very pleased with the final outcome of my very first art project here in the Northwest-- the summer of at least thirty paintings.  That is my ultimate goal!
After having completed the pastel rendition, I even had time to make dinner for Mahesh and Sara.  We enjoyed a home cooked meal and conversation.  My first week here has been perfect. I am not used to the rain and overcast days, but everyone keeps telling me sunny days are ahead.  I have put in my order for clear blue skies.  
My hosts do have a pool that I will be able to use; I plan to swim a lot!
Today was another overcast day, the atmosphere thick with moisture, as the rain drizzled.  I invited myself to Mahesh's house with a bribe to make his favorite 'masala chai'; it's a prized family recipe of spice tea.  It was a perfect afternoon for that.
Tomorrow I am going to see a doctor about my knees; I am going to start Prolotherapy.  It's a way for knees to begin healing without drastic measures.  I am hoping I will be a good candidate for this procedure. I will write more tomorrow about my adventures!

No comments:

Post a Comment