Sunday, June 13, 2010

Ogden, Utah!

The drive today was long and tiring. I was on the road by 9:30 a.m.  I drove through Kansas, then Colorado, north towards Cheyenne and then west towards Salt Lake City Utah.  It rained for the entire day. To begin with the rain was a drizzle and I hoped soon it would be over and I could drive with the top down, but the rain Gods had other ideas, they made sure it rained all day and at times hard blinding rain! When it wasn't raining, there was plenty of fog to slow things down; it reminded me of my time in Scotland, the terrain even looked like the Scottish highlands. The fog hung low over the landscape giving it an eerie other world feeling. It felt as if I was driving into another dimension.
Wyoming is an interesting state, I don't think they have a large population, the land is sparsely populated and it seemed people were just driving through to get from one point to another. Towns were too few and far in between with service stations dotted here and there. It was too tempting to speed but I kept my lead foot in check since the road conditions were not optimal.
Tomorrow looks like another long day, but I hope to be in Portland by nightfall.

No comments:

Post a Comment