Monday, July 27, 2009

Back in the USA.

This morning, I said goodbye to my Canada family as they are fondly known and headed southwards towards Portland to spend a couple of days with my son and daughter in law. It was a tearful goodbye. It's hard to bid adieu to my sisters. It never gets easier. It's never enough time. Even though I was ready to go home, I am never ready to leave my Canada family. 
The drive to the US border was fairly fast, but the wait at the border was horrendous. It took more than two hours to get through. I hate having to go through customs, I always freak out because, either I can't find my passport, or I wonder if my car will be the one they will want to check randomly. Usually my passport is always in a safe place and my car is never singled out. Except, for last year when I was on my way to Alaska, then-- I was pulled over. A customs officer was curious as to why I was going to Alaska? My mistake was answering in a rather cheeky manner ..."because it's there" Not a good answer. They just get annoyed with answers like that!

My time in Vancouver was spent painting three paintings for my sister's radio station RJ 1200. I spent time with my brother and his family, applying my Feng Shui principals to their home. My two sisters and I took our youngest nephew on a short trip to Hwy 24 in BC. It's hi-way that meanders through the lake country of British Columbia. Pristine clear lakes dot this hi-way. We stayed at Lac des Roches a fishing resort. It's not really a resort, more like a cabin with minimum amenities. Our eldest sister is not used to anything but a five star hotel! It was quite an adventure for our young nephew to stay in one room with all of his aunts. I think he is a brave soul. He did exceptionally well, he seemed to enjoy our company. He was very easy to get along with. My two sisters get to see my nephew often. I on the other hand don't get the opportunity to spend time with my nephews. I was very pleasantly surprised with my nephew. He has a gentle manner and a very caring disposition.

This time my visit to Vancouver was different, usually I am greeted with cool ocean breezes. This time it was uncomfortably hot the entire time I was there. At least in Oklahoma I have air conditioning to temper the heat. I kept visualizing a thunder storm, and finally day before yesterday, a spectacular thunder storm along with lightening appeared out of the eastern sky. I was glad to see that my weather making powers are still working!

No comments:

Post a Comment