Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Stockton CA.

I made very good time today, I am in Stockton CA. After having left my son's home this morning around eleven. I miss him terribly. He is a gifted writer and I was able to read some of his new writings. The story had me in tears as well as many moments of laugh out loud excerpts. He began writing in the fourth grade and I have enjoyed his musings since then. I know his time to be a published author is not far away.

We may live logistically far away from each other, but our hearts are attached by that ethereal bond. I can always tell when either one of my children are in a state of distress. I usually dream about them or my mind remains occupied by their image. It feels good to be so closely connected to both my son and daughter. 

The drive today was uneventful. I didn't stop at too many places, just long enough to fill up gas and stop to stretch my legs and then I was on the road again. It was incredibly hot, most of the way the temps were hundred or above. It's never fun to stop in this type of heat. And, of course the car top could not be down, I had to have air conditioning on---bummer!

Tomorrow I hope to reach somewhere in Arizona, and then I will decide if Zion Nat. Park is an option. I do know that I will stop at the Grand Canyon, I have to see that again. Today I did get to see Mount Shasta, it's odd to see such a huge mountain traveling south on I-5 with snow in the middle of a heat wave! 

No comments:

Post a Comment