Tuesday, July 28, 2009

The cooking diva.

Today the day is going to be spent cooking a favorite dish requested by my son. Since I was driving, I was able to bring the supplies needed to prepare the meal. I enjoy cooking and I am grateful that my family loves the food I prepare for them. While in Canada, I prepared pakoras for everyone, not a morsel was left at the end of the evening. Pakoras are spicy potato and onion fritters. For my son today I prepared handowa, it's akin to a spicy baked cornbread type of a dish. It too never lasts very long. 

It's been very hot here in Portland, fortunately my son's home is air conditioned. Portland has seen record breaking temps. I need to bring some cooler weather here! I will be leaving in the morning. The time spent with my son has been all too short. Again, never enough time. I have come to the conclusion, I need to spend my summers here in Portland, so that I can see him for at least three months. I enjoy time spent with my son, we have great conversations about a myriad of subjects. I am always heart warmed by his unique perspective on life. 

The drive home will be long, I am not sure I want to stop off at Zion National Park. The northwest is seeing temps in the triple digits and Oklahoma is experiencing eighty degree weather; what's wrong with this picture?!

Well, I will be on the road again tomorrow and will write more from whatever town I end up in. More later....

No comments:

Post a Comment