Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Portland at last!

I reached Portland today during the thick of the rush hour. After having had a great Indian dinner with my precious son and daughter in law, I feel very full and very sleepy right now. It was a long and tiring drive. When I am anxious to get someplace I find the journey gets to be less interesting and the destination becomes more important.  Even though I saw my son in May, it's always great to get to spend time with him. 

The drive to Portland from Boise was along the Columbia river, at times the mountains were lush with trees and other times quite barren. The day was hot, it felt uncomfortable. I always associate the northwest with cool temps and cool breezes. Neither were present. So, I drove with the top up and tried to get to Portland as quickly as possible. I may have enjoyed the scenery more if I wasn't in such a hurry to see my son.

I was only going to spend one evening here but as soon as I saw "that boy" as he is affectionately known, I decided to stay another day. Fortunately both my son and daughter in law were happy to have me stay an extra day. I am going to see them on the way back to Oklahoma too. I think tomorrow, a day of shopping is in order with Sara, my daughter in law. She is an artist too. We both enjoy going into art galleries and just plain window shopping.
More tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment