Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Commune with nature.

Okay, so this is how my day has gone today... slept in. Got dressed in a leisurely manner. Ate breakfast at a much slower pace. Went back to my room, sat and stared out the window at Paro nestled in the valley below. Then decided to go for a walk and commune with nature. I saw many beautiful river stones who wanted to go home with me to Oklahoma. They asked me to take them. But I told them they were much better off in Bhutan. So, instead I made a pebble tower sculpture and took a picture of it. I am a recovering "Rockoholic" I have collected rocks from every corner of the world, until one day I realized the rocks wanted to stay in their homeland. I had to refrain from transporting them to Oklahoma. Now, I allow myself to take a picture of a rock and leave it at that!

After my rock sculpture was completed, I sat among tall pine trees swaying gently in the breeze. Breathing in cool crisp mountain air, long deep breaths. It was good to be still and nurture my spirit within.

The Bhutanese people are kind and generous. They are amazed I can speak Hindi, we have had long discussions about religion and just being still and being one with nature. The staff here is also surprised that I am the only hotel guest who has not gone into town. When I told them I needed time to contemplate and meditate, they had a knowing smile on their faces. They seemed to approve of my choice.

Gene, left early this morning to visit another city in Bhutan, named Timphu. He will see young Bhutanese students crate objects of art... I am sure he and the guide will have a wonderful day. My day so far has been picture perfect!

We are off to Kolkata (Calcutta) tomorrow, another early wake up call. I wonder if I will ever get used to this? I think I stay up too late and then have a tough time getting up early. So, perhaps tonight I need to hit the pillow earlier.

No doubt the ten million people in Kolkata will make us wish for the calm of Bhutan!
More later.
Sunita.

No comments:

Post a Comment