Thursday, March 26, 2009

Homeward bound!

Hello Everyone!

This will be my last entry from India. We are homeward bound! Both of us are a bit sad, and also looking forward to coming home and seeing loved ones. What an amazing journey this has been. For me, seeing the country of my origin for an entire month has been such a gift. And, for Gene it has been an interesting, engrossing and novel experience.

Gene has done well eating Indian food on more occasions than not. He has been adventurous for sure. We have done well with each other, we have given each other space for quiet time and had interesting conversations. He has come to the conclusion that I come from a family of talkers. He is amazed that I talk to both my children for hours on end, as well as family members and friends. He thinks saying what's on his mind and then getting off the phone is the best way to go.

Well, we left Agra at 9a.m bidding the Taj a fond farewell, and were in Delhi by 3p.m. a quick visit to the saree store of a family friend was in order, and then to our hotel by the airport. I always enjoy Delhi, it's like coming home.

This has been an incredible journey. How often does one get the opportunity to travel in India for a month?! I am so grateful to Gene for having given me this generous gift. This country has changed for the better, since I was here twelve years ago. And, yet a lot more lies ahead. I hope that by reading this blog you were able to learn more about this country, which is a constant contradiction in terms.

Tonight we will catch at the plane at 3a.m. and be home by 8 p.m. OK time. I have enjoyed updating my blog, something I have looked forward to. I hope all of you have enjoyed my musings.

Sunita.

No comments:

Post a Comment