Friday, March 27, 2009

A full circle.

I am sitting at the London airport. It seemed fitting to add one last entry. It has come a full circle. I started my journey on the blog for the trip to India at this airport. Gene had remarked that our trip had a beginning and now we have come full circle to the end. Like reincarnation!

It's hard to put into words what the last month has meant to me. I think for Gene it has been the realization of a long wish fulfilled. He had always wanted to visit India. He has commented several times what a joy this journey has been. Yes, we could have gone to many other places, I had to pick and choose the sites we would see. No matter how long one spends in India, it's never enough!

Kudos to LaVeryl, our travel agent, she did such a remarkable job of putting this trip together. Everything flowed effortlessly. At every city we were met with people who took care of all of our needs.

I think for me, writing about the trip makes me feel as though I am still traveling. As if I am still in India, being amazed and upset by what I see. A country of contradiction. After I have had time to process this epic journey, I am going to go back and add more to the blog. Things I didn't have time for while we were moving from city to city.
Until then,
Sunita.

No comments:

Post a Comment