Sunday, March 22, 2009

Jaipur.

Greetings from the most beautiful city in India... I think so anyway. The city was planned on a grid system. The king believed in Feng Shui and built the city accordingly. So, no wonder I like it. The hotel we are staying in was the hunting palace of the last Maharaja of Jaipur. It's the palace hotel. I think I have used the word beautiful so many times it's overused. But truly there is no other way to describe this magnificent place.

Soon after we left Mumbai we landed in Jaipur after checking in we went on a tour of one of the many palaces this city has. I have been supporting a headache for the entire day, so this entry will be brief. I am sure it's a combination of not sleeping well last night in anticipation of leaving Mumbai. Gene and I both enjoyed our stay in Mumbai and could have easily stayed there a few more days.

Tomorrow we will start off early and see the Hawa Mahal, meaning the wind palace. It's best seen early in the morning. So, off to bed for me. I will write more tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment