Saturday, March 21, 2009

Goodbye Mumbai.

Well, our stay in Mumbai is over. Tomorrow we leave for Jaipur, the pink city. So named because it's made out of pink sandstone. I have never been to Jaipur, so I am anxious to see this fabled city of the Maharajas of India.

I will miss the hustle, bustle of Mumbai. I shopped with my family friend this afternoon and then sat down for a long lingering lunch. We caught up on 35 years of absence. It's always great to reconnect with long lost friends.

Soon this excellent adventure will come to a close, I will miss India. I have enjoyed eating great vegetarian dishes for every meal. How will I ever adjust to eating Oklahoma cuisine?!

I will post my entry from Jaipur tomorrow.
Sunita.

1 comment:

  1. Sunita,
    Thanks so much for your vibrant descriptions. It's such fun to read your blog! Obviously you and Gene are having a "great adventure"! By the way, what did he say about the slums of Mumbai?

    Tell Gene his daffodils are fabulous!

    Nance

    ReplyDelete