Sunday, July 10, 2011

Back on the ferry!

I am making this entry from the ferry to Nova Scotia, I just learnt from Doug Johnston, a fellow passenger that the ferry route is an extension of the Trans-Canada Hi-way. He also pointed out that this is the only "road" you can have an alcohol beverage! The crossing has been a bit rough so I will not be partaking in anything that can add to my queasiness!
The drive to Port aux Basques took 91/2 hours I was on the road at 8:30 a.m. I am glad I got up early and drove out, I made it to the ferry terminal at 5:58 p.m. and loading began promptly at 6:00 p.m.
I stopped on the way at Mary's diner where Ramona my waitstaff provided me with a delicious grilled cheese sandwich. When I asked her how long she had lived on Newfoundland? "All my life". She answered, not only that, she had lived in the town of Eastland her entire life. She seemed very happy and content with her life. It's hard for me to imagine living in one place for an entire lifetime. At times I do envy people who have such deep roots, my roots are spread all over the world. I guess I call the entire planet my home not just one place.
Well, my next entry will be from Prince Edward Island, Canada's smallest Province, we will be docking soon and tonight I will go straight to bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment