Monday, July 11, 2011

Prince Edward Island.

Well, this entry is being made from Charlottetown on Prince Edward Island, Canada's smallest province. I left North Sydney this morning and headed straight towards P.E.I. It seems all the cute, charming cottages and houses wanted to live here on this island! The entire island is green and so well manicured.
Getting here I went across Confederation Bridge. The bridge is a marvel of modern day engineering. The bridge is eight miles long and it goes over the Northumberland Strait, it took over five thousand local workers, four years to build at a cost of one billion dollars to complete the task! The bridge opened in 1997, linking Prince Edward Island to the mainland of Canada. I was very happy to travel over the bridge instead of having to take a ferry to the island. I think I am done with ferry rides for a while. I used to have a house on Salt Spring Island off the coast of Vancouver, just getting to my house would take four hours on the ferry!
Tomorrow I am going to visit the farm where the author of Anne of Green Gables used to visit. I am looking forward to driving over this island and taking my time discovering. I noticed there are a lot of white churches with steeples, I plan to stop and take pictures of as many churches as I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment