Friday, July 15, 2011

Catching up...

I slept really well, Farzana had made a wonderful vegetarian dinner, we sat around the dinner table catching up on the last twenty years! We talk on a regular basis but face to face contact has been very limited. This morning Shablee had made breakfast for all of us. He is a good cook, though, no one can top the way Farzana cooks!
In the afternoon, we looked at old photographs of the times I have not been able to share with my friend. We sat on the floor reminiscing about the time when we were both young mothers and now our children are grown and leading their own lives. Farzana's daughter Nadia came to visit with her husband Chad, it was good to see her. She and her husband are both teachers and seem to enjoy working in the Canadian school system.
Nadia wanted to know what was my favorite portion of the trip so far, of course spending time in Toronto has been a wonderful respite, I told her my choice picks would have to be Prince Edward Island and Newfoundland. They have been thinking about taking a trip to the east and my journey may just prompt them to go there in the near future.
Tomorrow I will be leaving and continuing my journey, a part of me does not want to leave, I wish Farzana and I lived closer so that we could see each other more often; the way we used to when we lived in London.


No comments:

Post a Comment