Saturday, July 16, 2011

Farewell Toronto.

I woke up this morning with a heavy heart, knowing I will be leaving and I have no idea when I will see Farzana, Shablee and their family again. Farzana had invited both her children and their spouses and her grandchildren to lunch today. All I have done is eat splendid food the entire time I have been here. I feel like I have stayed at a five star hotel!
The vegetarian feast before us was splendid and the conversation jovial. I got to meet Sabrina, Adil's wife. Both Adil and Sabrina work in their respective careers and are raising two adorable sons. Shayaan their incredibly smart son sat next to me, he is fascinated by my journey and Spitfire (my car). He wanted to have his picture taken in the car, so of course I obliged. Their younger son Rayaan is also very curious, though I didn't get a chance to get to know him. It was really wonderful to see Adil and Nadia again, the last time I saw them they were both teenagers and still living at home. Nadia has grown into a lovely young woman and Adil is a very handsome young man. Both of them have married people that match their personalities. Nadia has always been a quiet and observant person. Chad her husband is an easy person to converse with and he is a good listener. Adil is married to Sabrina who in the short time that I was with her, seems to be a lively conversationist and is beautiful.
After our lunch it was time to start packing and heading out. It's never easy to say goodbye to loved ones, staying another day seems so appealing, though at some point a person has to leave. It's best to leave while your hosts are still enjoying your company and not waiting for you to leave!
We took our photos hugged and cried, hugged some more and made promises to see each other sooner than another twenty years. I got in the car and drove off. Toronto traffic was heavy even though it was a Saturday afternoon, though soon enough I was out of the city and onto the open road. Misty eyed I drove on and stopped for the night in Sudbury Ontario.

No comments:

Post a Comment