Saturday, July 2, 2011

Danbury CT.

Well, I made to Connecticut! I have never been in this part of the country before and I must say the small towns remind me of rural England, with windy narrow roads and no grid pattern apparent. I can see why the east coast is so different than the west coast. The east was colonized by the British and of course they would make this new land look like the home they left behind. As charming as they are, it's easier to navigate on a grid pattern!
Today, the driving was even more pleasant because there was no destination in mind except to get closer to the east coast. I will get to Maine and then on to New Brunswick Canada in the next few days.
I think all the east coast drivers are on some type of hyped coffee or, they all take steroids. I have never been around so many aggressive drivers. Even though the speed limit in Pennsylvania and New York is sixty five miles on the hi-way, none of them pay attention to it and most everyone was speeding-- my kind of people! The Pennsylvanian drivers maybe the best drivers in the nation, they understand the need to get in the left lane only to overtake, even if they are doing it at breakneck speed! It was my turn to be in the slow lane and I am not sure I liked that too much! I did get to enjoy the scenery, it was enjoyable to see the heavily forested lands and the picturesque farms of Pennsylvania. I had not expected that, for some reason I thought the land would be an urban sprawl. Most of the towns are tucked away in the valleys off I-70.
Connecticut is charming I can see why people would want to live here, the forests have tall majestic trees and the homes are lovely. Along with tiny windy roads to compliment the picture perfect location. More tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment