Thursday, July 14, 2011

In Toronto!

I left Quebec, in fact I was eager to leave that Province, I felt like I was in a foreign country! I was able to get to Toronto by dinner time. My dear friend Farzana and her husband Shablee had made a wonderful dinner! So good to eat homemade Indian food after having been on the road for so long! Farzana has two adorable grandsons, I got a chance to visit with them before their father took them home. To me her grandsons reminded me of her son Adil when both of us were young mothers. Our friendship is now decades old, I am grateful that we have continued to stay in touch with each other. This trip across Canada had a two fold purpose; one was to drive across Canada to Vancouver to see my siblings and the other was to see Farzana! We met each other in London while we were both teenagers. When I moved away from London, the only way we could stay in touch was by writing letters to each other-- in other words snail mail! When she moved to Toronto, it was so much easier because then we were able to talk on the phone. I will stay with Farzana until Saturday and I hope to spend some time with both her children and their spouses, after that I will begin my journey again.

No comments:

Post a Comment